State Law requires that Landlord install a carbon monoxide detector in all the following locations no later than April 1, 2010.
(1) In the Basement of the building if the basement has a fuel-burning appliance;
(2) Within Fifteen (15) feet of each sleeping area of a unit that is immediately adjacent to a unit that has a fuel-burning appliance;
(3) In each room that has a fuel-burning appliance and that is not used as a sleeping area (the detector should be installed not more than Seventy-five (75) feet from the fuel-burning appliance); and
(4) In each hallway leading from a unit that has a fuel-burning appliance, in a location that is within Seventy-five (75) feet from the unit, except, if there is no electrical outlet within this distance, the Landlord shall place the carbon monoxide detector at the closest available electrical outlet in the hallway.
Landlord has installed functional carbon monoxide detectors that bear an Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., listing mark or similar mark from an independent product safety certification organization and has installed the detectors according the directions and specifications of the manufacturer.
State law also requires Landlord to reasonably maintain every carbon monoxide detector in the Premises in the manner specific in the instructions for the detector.
Tenant must provide Landlord with written notice if a detector is not functional or has been removed by a person other than Tenant. Landlord must repair the detector within Five (5) days after receipt of such written notice by the Tenant.
Landlord is not liable for damages incurred from any of the following:
(1) A false alarm from a detector that was reasonably maintained.
(2) The failure of a detector to operate properly, if the failure was the result of tampering, removal or destruction of the detector by a person other than the Lordlord; or
(3) The result of a faculty detector that was reasonably maintained by the Landlord.
No person may tamper with, remove, destroy, disconnect, or remove batteries from an installed carbon monoxide detector, except in the course of inspection, maintenance, or replacement of the detector.
Your Schwab Properties Address*
Please enter the text*
Please Indicate any Further Concerns or Important Information
Tenant Acknowledges that, by returning this form, all carbon monoxide detectors in the dwelling are working properly. Tenant Acknowledges that, by returning this form, they are aware of all carbon monoxide detectors.
By checking this box, all tenants at the address above accept this page, and it is the responsibility of the tenants to agree to the information on this page and this form.
Thank you for your prompt attention regarding this matter.